[rt-users] Add a alternative email to a user

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Jan 30 08:46:18 EST 2008

Pedro Bomente Filho wrote:
> Ok. Because here we have ldap authentication, so some peoples send
> emails from one that are not registered in LDAP. Well, A alternative
> email would be a solution...

I have had the exact same problem. Some people send from
firstname.lastname at domain.name, some send from username at domain.name.

I solved the problem by manually hacking some of the authentication code
so that, it checks against the username as well as the e-mail address
found in LDAP.

--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com