[rt-users] using _CurrentUser_ in a saved search?

Alex J. Avriette avriette at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 12:54:17 EST 2008

I have a search I'm trying to fix that currently looks like:

  Queue = 'Helpdesk' and Owner = 'aavriette' and LastUpdated < '7
days' and LastUpdated > '-7 days'

The LastUpdated thing smells like a hack to me, but it seems to work.
I'd like to be able to say "and Owner = '_CurrentUser_'" but when I
do, I get nothing. If I remove the ticks around currentuser, I get

Error near ->_CurrentUser_<- expecting a VALUE in ' Queue = 'Helpdesk'
AND Owner = _CurrentUser_ [ ... ]

Since we have TPS reports to file weekly, I'm trying to give our users
a "rolling 7 day window" of what they've updated in the last week. I
want to then save the search, name it appropriately, and then add it
to their "at a glance" page so they all have it and don't have to work
too hard to get this information.

How do I properly use the CurrentUser variable? By the way, I did look
at the wiki, and it has the stuff that got me to where I am (it was
helpful, like letting me know I could use "negative days") and I used
the "google trick" on the mailing list archives, but I didn't see
anything appropriate. Apologies in advance if this has been answered;
I'll update the wiki with this as an example (seems useful to me) when
I get it figured out.

Many thanks,
alex

--
Alex J. Avriette
This email should not be considered authoritative or even truthful.