[rt-users] Support partnership with different RT installs

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Tue Jul 1 18:28:27 EDT 2008

Gavin,

	From a control standpoint, I've always had a real problem with
redundancy unless there was a control to ensure automatic updating of
one by the other. If the method you use now is working, why change it?
Are they gonna use their RT for "other" requests that do not get into
your installation? If they are the Queue Admins of their queues in your
installation, is it their intent to continue that form of management
with those same queues or are they planning to just Admin their own RT
installation from here on in? If they want off your system completely,
then let them set up their RT for CommandByEmail and just have the
customers that send in requests send their new requests to the new
installation, managed by themselves with no redundancy in your system.
If, for some reason, they just want copies of their tickets in your RT,
then I suppose you could set up a scrip for their queues (in your RT) to
created a linked ticket (type=referred to/by) in their system and let
them deal with the redundant info and admin infrastructure. Those are
the only ideas I have on the issue that I feel are acceptable from a
management/responsibility/scapegoat perspective. ;-). Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL