[rt-users] Trouble with LDAP authentication (equivalent config)

Tue Jul 1 18:57:39 EDT 2008

RT 3.6.4 on redhat linux 4.6

I am attempting to setup a development RT site.  The current issue I'm running into is getting the dev. RT to authenticate against LDAP.  I have compared my RT_SiteConfig.pm between dev. and production RT (which function fine with LDAP authentication) and the RT_SiteConfig.pm seems fine.

Additionally, local login to the dev. RT is good but not w/LDAP.  I did a tcpdump during a login attempt and it shows the dev. RT never makes the call to the LDAP server.  Furthermore, I have tested my firewall and make certain that the LDAP server does indeed accept connection from my dev. RT server.

How do I go about troubleshooting why my dev. RT is not sending a LDAP authentication request?  Is there a script, command, or "call" within RT that I can execute to confirm? I have the parameter Set($LdapExternalAuth, 1); in my RT_SiteConfig.pm and other parameters equivalent to prod. RT.

Thanks.

Mike