[rt-users] Trouble with LDAP authentication (equivalent config)

Thu Jul 3 11:24:17 EDT 2008

--- On Thu, 7/3/08, Mike Peachey <mike.peachey at jennic.com> wrote:

[stuff deleted]

> > I'm running perl 5.8.5 and I just installed the Net::LDAP (forgot)
> > and configure the User_Local.pm file to use LDAP (matched that of
> > prod.).
> >
> > rt_error returns the below, and I'm wondering if I need to reinstall
> > fast-cgi?
> >
> > [Wed Jul 02 15:44:33 2008] [error] [client x.x.x.42]
> FastCGI: server "/opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi"
> stderr: [Wed Jul  2 20:44:33 2008] [error]: FAILED LOGIN for
> mike from x.x.x.42 (/opt/rt3/share/html/autohandler:251),
> referer: http://rt-test.domain.com/
>
> You need to turn on debug-level logging to determine the cause.

I turned the "DEBUG => 1" but the entry in the rt_error log file is the same as above.  I've also recompile fast-cgi still no go (every time I
made changes to RT, I stop apache, remove the cache, restart apache).

tcpdump still shows the login page never send a request to the LDAP
server.  Is there a command or switch within RT that I can test
(initiates) login without going through the web? (to make certain that
RT uses Net::LDAP to initiates, etc.)

Thanks.

Mike