[rt-users] Strange behavious after upgrading from RT2 -> RT3.6.7

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 10 17:38:09 EDT 2008

Peter,

	It really isn't as bad as it may seem. All RT is telling you on that
display page is the scrips that are going to be triggered by your
transaction (your "Reply"). Let me explain. When you clicked "Reply" you
told RT that you intend to "Correspond". RT is letting you know what it
is planning to do once you click "Update Ticket". Based on your screen
shot, RT will:

1) Send an Email notification (using the "Admin Correspondence"
template) to those users listed as AdminCc "Watchers" for the queue in
which the ticker resides.
2) Send an Email notification (using the "Correspondence" template) to
those users listed as Cc "Watchers" for the queue in which the ticker
resides as well as the "Requestor" for that particular ticket.
3) Send an Email notification (using the "Correspondence" template) to
those users listed as additional "Cc" recipients for that particular ticket.

	These are the Global Notification scrips that are currently enabled in
your RT 3.6.7 session.
	Additionally, RT is ALSO planning on executing two other notification
scrips that were part of your older version and were transferred over to
this current version. All told, RT is telling you that it has 5 enabled
Notification scrips that it intends to execute.
	What you need to do is look at these scrips and decide if you want them
to execute at all; at the global level, or just for a specific queue.
Then either modify when/where they will execute, if at all. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL