[rt-users] Permission problem when setting Depends On for ticket you do not have access to.

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 10 20:01:37 EDT 2008

Ok, Linking was strict and required ModifyTicket right on both sides
until RT 3.x.y. I don't remember X and Y, but anyway in 3.6.7 people
have StrictLinkACL option in the config. May be it's already in 3.6.3,
but I do recall that there were fixes for this functionality since
it's been introduced in RT.

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Richard Hartmann
<richih.mailinglist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have the following situtation:
>
> User Alice has access to queue Foo, but not queue Bar. Alice files ticket
> #1337 in queue Bar. As she is the requestor, she may see that one ticket
> from Bar.
> Yet, Alice will not be able to make ticket #4711, which is in Foo, depend
> on #1337.
>
> This is the current state in our RT. We would, of course, want Alice be
> able to define these dependencies. This particular instance of RT is
> version 3.6.3.
>

> Thanks for all help,
> Richard

Best regards, Ruslan.