[rt-users] Permissions by custom field

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 14 13:11:11 EDT 2008

Braam,

	I agree with the group idea, always have. In fact, you can add yourself
as a member of each group and create some searches that you can seave
for each individual group. That way, when the other members of each
group wants to run a query, they hav3e several choices they can make
becuae you some some good ones for them and those are available to
everyone in the SAME group. Also, The "group as requestor" is the same
idea as I made of granting "ShowTicket" blobally to the role
"Requestor". That allows requstors the right to see ONLY their tickets
(as long as you didn't grant "ShowTicket" to another group). The CF for
Customer name can also be used for searches and you can write a scrip to
pre-fill that CF by the "@xxxx.com" or ".org" portion of the email
address and that way all tickets created will automatically have the
correct "Customer NAme' when created. Just a thought.

Kenn
LBNL