[rt-users] 3.8.0 Install

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Jul 16 14:40:07 EDT 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 2:08 PM, Curtis Bruneau wrote:

>    Is there a way to explicitly turn off the standalone server during
> install/compile? the previous versions didn't force it.

There is not. We've made it a core RT dependency.  The additional
dependencies are relatively light-weight and pure perl and we felt
they were an adequate tradeoff for the significant debugging and setup
benefits.

(The web based configuration tool itself wasn't quite ready to
announce as part of 3.8.0, but once you have installed RT 3.8.0, if
you run standalone_httpd without a working database, RT will guide you
through configuration and database provisioning. I'm hoping we'll see
that as 'officially recommended' for 3.8.1. But it depends on the
standalone server.)