[rt-users] Schema issues upgrading from rt 3.6.5 to 3.8.0

Chris Crow chrisc.email at abshernw.com
Tue Jul 22 12:56:34 EDT 2008

I answered my own question.

I didn't read enough in the news groups, sorry guys.

The answer was posted by Ruslan Zakirov:

Let's make it clear:
* you still must upgrade DB using files in etc/upgrade/x.x.x/
* however in 3.8.0 you can do it using one command:

rt-setup-database --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password --action upgrade

it will ask for the old version (for example you can enter 3.6.7) and
will apply all steps up to the installed version (in this case it's
3.8.0)

* then you do mysql schema changes using the script
* these schema changes are required for all mysql versions greater
than mysql 4.1.0

* people installing for the first time will get new DB schema as there
are two different schema files for mysql in etc/, so they don't need
to do all these steps
* people upgrading mysql server from 4.0 to 4.1 and newer should use
the script two

* I tested this script several times, but only on my dev PC, so it's
VERY recommended to backup and make tests

Clear?