[rt-users] An idea for RT

Brian Buchanan brianbuchanan at interfast.ca
Fri Jul 25 14:54:35 EDT 2008

You probably already know that limited a choice of formats is available
in 3.8

http://bestpractical.typepad.com/worst_impractical/2008/07/today-were-rele.html

Under User Preferences, Date and Time Format.

I'm seeing:
1. Tue Dec 25 21:59:12 1995
2. Tue, 25 Dec 1995 21:59:12 -0300
3. 1995-11-24 21:59:12
4. 1995-1125T21:5912Z

So perhaps there already is way to add more formats.

>From RT_Config.pm:

=item C<$DateTimeFormat>

You can choose date and time format.  See "Output formatters"
section in perldoc F<lib/RT/Date.pm> for more options.  This option can
be overridden by users in their preferences.
Some examples:

C<Set($DateTimeFormat, { Format => 'ISO', Seconds => 0 });>
C<Set($DateTimeFormat, 'RFC2822');>
C<Set($DateTimeFormat, { Format => 'RFC2822', Seconds => 0, DayOfWeek =>
0 });>

=cut

Set($DateTimeFormat, 'DefaultFormat');

Brian