[rt-users] reply via email from AdminCC does not go to Requestor

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Wed Jul 30 09:18:47 EDT 2008

Hello!

On Mi, 2008-07-30 at 16:53 +0900, チャンドラ wrote:
> A new user can send a mail to RT and properly get automatically
> registered, and the AdminCCs get the new ticket notify sent to them.
> If an AdminCC (or owner) uses the UI to reply, the Requestor is properly
> sent a mail.  However, if an AdminCC (or owner) sends a reply via email,
> the other AdminCCs get notified, but not the Requestor.
> In all cases the Requestor is different from the AdminCC (or owner)
> sending the reply, and the Requestor is an unprivileged user.

So If I understood it right, the person which send the reply to
the ticket, don't get a reply. Independently if the sender is an
admin or a unprivileged user.

> The UI works, so maybe its a rights problem?
but you can't test it with the unprivileged user ;-)

> Currently the Requestor group has the following rights on the queue:

hmm maybe this is the problem, maybe you can checke if the
problem still exist when you give the group 'everybody'
the right to reply and create tickets.

> Also, NotifyActor is set to 1
This was of course what I thought first is the problem you have
"Set($NotifyActor, 1);" in the config file and restarted the
webserver?

> I have searched the archives (and Google) and found there are people
> with similar problems, but unfortunately without any solution that works
> for me.

hmm rt is rather complicated with a lot of places to misconfigure.
As far as I can remember there was no issue with not
sending replies if configured, otherwise a lot of users would
complain.

regards

sven