[rt-users] reply via email from AdminCC does not go to Requestor

マーティン mchandler at ky.ttk.i-fielding.jp
Wed Jul 30 11:09:12 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the response!

> >Scrip 5 should be taking care of sending reply mail back to the
> >requestor.  In the logs, I get the much discussed message:
>
> Sounds like the messages coming in from AdminCcs are comments rather
> than replies. This could be simply because AdminCcs are replying to
> messages generated by scrips 7 or 8, which is the correct behavior.
> Or it could be that the queue's reply & comment addresses are the
> same - they should be different. Or perhaps there's a mail config
> issue (intended replies being forwarded to mailgate as comments).

That's an interesting thought, but the addressess for comments and
correspondence are different: q-a@ (--action correspond) and q-a-comment@
(--action comment), and looking at the maillog etc. it looks like everything
is properly coming from and going to the correspondence address.
Also, the log doesn't indicate scrips 7 or 8 are being triggered (only 4,5 and
6 - with scrip 4 being properly executed), so that would indicate RT is
properly handling it as correspondence, but for some reason not picking up
the requestor address needed to execute scrip 5.

Thanks,
Martin