[rt-users] CreateSavedSearch question...

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 30 15:11:18 EDT 2008

Jean-Sebastion,

	Actually, that's just what RT defaults to. We have all the "Create,
Show, etc." Search privileges applied globally to "Privileged" Users. RT
automatically let's you "See" what's in your personal "My Saved
Searches" list and will also list any saved searches that have been
saved under any group/queue list (provided the group they are in has
privileges to that queue). If you are in that group, you will see that
list. So I think you are OK in that manner.
	RT privileges work in a hierarchical & matrixed manner. Just because
you are given the ability to create a search, doesn't mean you have
access to data in a queue. To access data, you have to be in a group
that has "SeeQueue" and "ShowTicketData", as well as have
"SeeCustomField" for any Custom Fields applied to tickets in that Queue.
Then you can not only create a search, but GET the results you want. By
granting all those "Search" rights globally, we did NOT grant the
privileges to see all the data in all the queues. That is taken care of
by the "Group Rights" for a given Queue. RT defaults to those settings
when it comes to actually accessing that data. The information on
Searches and what they are looking for are in a different table (the
ATTRIBUTES Table) than Tickets (the TICKET Table), Groups (the GROUPS,
GROUPMEMBERS, and CACHEDGROUPMEMBERS Tables) and Rights (the ACL
table). 	I Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL