[rt-users] Global scrips/templates vs queue specific scrips/templates

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu Jul 31 11:38:15 EDT 2008

Hi Jason,

Unless things have changed radically between 3.6.5 and 3.8, if a global
scrip is enabled it will always run when the trigger conditions are met;
you can't turn a global scrip off for specific queues.

Templates work differently, though.  A global template (like Autoreply) can
be overridden in a queue by creating a template in the queue with the same
name as the global template.  RT will see the template in the queue and use
it instead of the corresponding global template.

Regards,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC