[rt-users] Everybody group added as requestor

Terence Monteiro terence at deeproot.co.in
Mon Jun 2 05:00:32 EDT 2008

Terence Monteiro wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been writing a Perl Catalyst application that uses the RT library to
> create, work on and resolve RT tickets. I'm making a call to
> RT::Ticket->create
> to create a ticket, passing the Queue, Subject, Requestors, Attachments in a
> hash.
>
> Yesterday, when the form was submitted with a user's email address as the
> requestor, the Everybody group got added as the requestor for the ticket
> that got created. I checked the transactions and found that no AddRequestor
> transaction happened on the ticket, from which I deduce that the Everybody
> group got added as requestor during ticket creation.

I confirmed this by checking the RT database. I queried the MemberIds
obtained
from joining the GroupMembers and Groups tables on the GroupMembers
GroupId = Groups id for Instance = <ticket_id> and Type = 'Requestor'. I
got the PrincipalId of the Everybody group as a result.

Does RT library have problems if more than 1 Perl application uses the
API? If I wrote a perl script which used the RT API and tried to modify the
database, will it yield unexpected results? Is the scope of all data
structures
used by RT to create tickets local to the subroutine that does the creation?

Regards,
Terence Monteiro.