[rt-users] methods on custom fields besides 'FirstCustomFieldValue()' ??

Sam A. Hicks shicks at mcfina.com
Tue Jun 3 17:37:16 EDT 2008

Hi y'all.

I've seen a lot of examples now where people have accessed the value of a
custom field via a statement like:

$the_thing_I_want = $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue( 'FIELD_NAME' )

However, when my custom field is of type 'Select multiple values', I can
assign multiple values through the web interface, but the above syntax
doesn't access them for manipulation and other fun.

I have managed to see inside the result of
$self->TicketObj->CustomFieldValues( 'FIELD_NAME' ); I'm still deciphering
it but it is clearly not the "plural" version of the thing above. Maybe
there is a chain of objects that will get me there via the
ObjectCustomFieldValues table and some method it knows??

As always, any pointers to comprehensive docs on all the methods related to
custom-field objects would be great!

Thanks,

Sam

The information contained in this email is strictly confidential and subject
to the Confidentiality Notice at www.mcfina.com/emailpolicy