[rt-users] Help with RT permissions

Tom Smith aliase573201 at mac.com
Thu Jun 5 20:16:38 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure permissions in RT so that everyone can see
every queue but only see those tickets that they are listed as
Requestor or Owner on.

If I assign the rights SeeQueue and ShowTicket to Privileged, they
can see every queue and every ticket on the system. If I assign these
same rights to Requestor (and remove them from Privileged), they
can't see any of the queues and can see their tickets only if they
search for them.

Ideally, I'd like everyone to be able to see every queue listed in
the "Quick search" section of "RT at a glance" but only be able to
see tickets that they Own or Requested.

Can anyone offer any help for achieving this?

~ Tom