[rt-users] RT Help: Email to create ticket, CC doesn't stick

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Fri Jun 6 11:02:21 EDT 2008

Hi Mario,

For ticket creation, you need to look at:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs

For followup correspondences, I do this here with a Scrip that I wrote
for our RT server, see:

http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AddWatchersOnCorrespond

If this is what you need then you should be able to easily add it to and
modify it for your server.

You should be aware of the security implications though, since basically
this will allow anyone who knows the email address(es) of your RT server
and a valid ticket number the ability to add themselves and anyone else
as a watcher of said ticket.  For us, this is an operational requirement
and acceptable risk.

~Jason