[rt-users] REST Interface and Authentication

Martin BOULADOUR martin.bouladour at etu.univ-nantes.fr
Wed Jun 11 08:42:03 EDT 2008

> Your English is fine! Welcome to RT land. :)

Thank you :)

> The REST interface accepts "user" and "pass" parameters. If you're using
> Perl, the code will look something like:
>
>     $mech->post("$baseurl/REST/1.0/search/ticket", [
>         user  => "root",
>         pass  => "password",
>         query => "queue='foo'",
>     ]);

That's perfect for me! I just can forget the token things and give the
username and password in every request. It's really easier! I think I
missed this piece of information. Nothing about this way to be identified
by RT is written on this page: http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/REST .

Thanks!

I will try to do it using HTTPS protocole.

Regards,

Martin Bouladour