[rt-users] Too Many Attachments's file

Patrick Lafontaine plafontaine at iweb.com
Wed Jun 11 16:03:17 EDT 2008

Hi everyone

I use RT since 2004 and I never got any real problem. But now my MySQL
database increase way too fast. The problem is that RT stores
Attachments file into MySQL. My Attachments table is growing by 1Gb per
month.

I want to know if a module or any other procedure exist to store
Attachment directly on the filesystem instead of MySQL. By storing them
on filesystem, I could create a symlink to a dedicated huge hard disk.
It will help MySQL a lot in at same time.

Maybe someone got this problem and have a better solution ?

Thanks for any comments/ideas/solutions

Patrick