[rt-users] Too Many Attachments's file

Patrick Lafontaine plafontaine at iweb.com
Thu Jun 12 09:50:11 EDT 2008

Yes it is possible, but it's not very easy. Tables are innodb so the way
to do is to move the entire tablespace (unless you are using
innodb_file_per_table). As a MySQL DBA, i do not recommend doing this if
you are using MySQL 4.

In fact, i wished to solve the problem without modifying the MySQL
Server structure. I make some test with an external PHP script I wrote.
Briefly, it takes certain Attachments (PDF, Ms Word, JPG, etc..), store
them in the filesystem and replace the content by a link. I don't really
like this solution. I would like to have a built-in solution, but I
don't know perl..

Patrick