[rt-users] Every click on a ticket takes 10 seconds

asklorz as at dunkel.de
Wed Mar 5 12:19:12 EST 2008

Ruslan Zakirov-2 wrote:

> I do think you should see something in mysql slow log except those LOCKs.

Thanks for the answer.

No there are no other slow queries.

But I could narrow this problem down to the users. I had a mail conversation
with Jesse Vincent. Please see below.

So this seems to be the problem. The "Reminders" frame has an owner dropdown
where all users are listed.

Anyone know to to disable this?

--------

> Hello,
>
> I have some updates regarding thes case.
>
> It seems the number of users caused the problem.
> When a spam mail arrives a user wil be generated on the system, so
> there were about 45000 users on the system. After deleting the
> "spam" users 120 remained. Now the performance is good.
>
> So it seems the application has performance problems when there are
> many users.

45000 users shouldn't be a problem. Likely you have an ACL setup that
listed all those spam users in one of the ownership dropdowns.