[rt-users] Mail setup - forwarding from Exchange

Juan Mas juan.mas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 13:26:10 EST 2008

I'm running RT 3.6.6, and have it almost completed.  The problem Im
running into is, I can't send e-mail to the server running it.  I have
Exchange 2003 where the e-mail distribution list is set up which has
helpdesk at servername.domain.com and helpdesk at domain.com listed as it's
SMTP addresses.  When I send an e-mail to helpdesk, it bounces back
with this message:

The message could not be delivered because the recipient's destination
email system is unknown or invalid. Please check the address and try
again, or contact your system administrator to verify connectivity to
the email system of the recipient.
<  #5.1.2 SMTP; 550 Host unknown>

The server running helpdesk is on Gentoo, and I have setup aliases
according to the installation guide.  If I create a ticket from within
the RT web interface, the ticket is created, and I receive a notice
that the ticket has been created.

Right now, Im not sure if I missed a step on the Exchange server or on
the Linux server.  If you need more info, let me know.  Any
suggestions would be much appreciated.   Thanks.

--
-Juan