[rt-users] DBD::mysql issue

Thu Mar 6 15:04:01 EST 2008

I'm having issue compiling rt 3.6.4, below is the error message.  I've searched
via google and implemented some of those recommendations but still no avail.
I'm running Solaris 10 sparc, perl 5.8.8 from sunfreeware (and attempted to use
the Sun's perl 5.8.4), mysql 64-bit, 32-bit (pkg and manually compile).
Additionally, I installed gcc, libtool, libiconv, binutils, make, etc. from
sunfreeware.

Furthermore, I attempted to install DBD::mysql via perl CPAN and the same error
message.  I think this is the last hurdle I need to get over to compile rt.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thank you.

Regards,

Mike

<error message>

Running Mkbootstrap for DBD::mysql ()
chmod 644 mysql.bs
rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so
LD_RUN_PATH="/usr/sfw/lib:/usr/lib" /usr/local/bin/perl myld gcc  -G
-L/usr/local/lib -L/opt/gnu/lib dbdimp.o  mysql.o  -o
blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so    \
   -R/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib/mysql -L/usr/sfw/lib -L/usr/sfw/lib/mysql
-lmysqlclient -lz -lposix4 -lcrypt -lgen -lsocket -lnsl -lm          \

gcc: dbdimp.o: No such file or directory
gcc: mysql.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`blib/arch/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so'
  /usr/ccs/bin/make  -- NOT OK
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

SOMETHING WAS MISSING!

</error message>