[rt-users] RT is getting slow

Thomas Hecker heckt007 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:43:34 EDT 2008

Hi All,

since version 3.6.3 my RT installation is getting slower and slower. I found
a way to get the performance back, but i do not understnad why it is doing
this, so maybe some of you can help me:

TR gets slow while opening a ticket to view its details. The status of the
ticket is irrelevant, or what amount of    correspondence allready has taken
place. It takes up to minutes, to get all the data of the ticket shown. It
seems to me the part with the reminder data takes the longest time to load.

My workaround for the moment is to check the users-tabel of rt. The more
entries I get here (because of the autocreation of users on ticket
submission), the slower the system gets. The reason is, that the ticket
system is reachalbe fron the internet, so we get a lot of spam, and with it
a lot of automatically created users. So i delete all thiese Spam-users, and
the system is running normal again.

Somebody of bestpractical told me, that thousands of lines in the
users-table could not cause getting rt so slow, it may be the ACL setup,
that lists all users in one of the ownership dropdowns.

In fact, when checking the owner drop-down at the reminder setup of a ticket
there are all users listed, but i do not understand how to configure RT only
to show the privileged users here.

Can anybody help?

Thanks again,
Thomas