[rt-users] Showing custom fields with command line RT - [Pork] Email found in subject

Ben Robson benr at tlcdatasecurity.com.au
Thu Mar 13 11:06:45 EDT 2008

Stef,

I have been trying to work out this exact same thing for the past week now, in fact I put a similar post to this maillist approximately 3 days ago, with little assistance.

Thus far I have found the documentation that implies custom fields can be referenced by 'CF-CustomFieldName'.  However my testing of this results in nothing (at best I get a ':' where asking for Status might give 'Status: open').

One thing I did find was that, in a documented example, if you asked for a verbose show of a ticket it would show custom field values along with the standard field values, however in my testing I only get the standard fields being shown.

I am now wondering if something has been changed in command-line rt that means the CF-CustomFieldName is still the correct syntax, but that the command-line rt can't see custom-fields for display any more (it can still search, but can't display them).

Jesse, do you have any insight in to this?

BenR