[rt-users] Custom Display of item in ticket for certain group??

Greg Evans gevans at hcc.net
Thu Mar 13 12:20:05 EDT 2008

I made modifications as shown by someone on the list to add some items to
the people section.  For example, my "People" section of a ticket now looks
like this:

X People
Requestors: username at mydomain.com
Real Name:  Customers Real Name
RT Username: username
Home Phone: 555-555-5555
Work Phone:
Mobile Phone:
Cable Modem Type:
Cable Modem MAC:
Email Address: username at mydomain.com
Email Password: Plaintext_password
Owner: gevans <support at mydomain.net>
AdminCc:

This was set up this way because I and a few others need to have access to
the users password.  We have another group that does some after-hours work
for us and I would like for them to see all of the same information, but NOT
the password. Would this be something I do with templates or ???

I was thinking something like this:

People
Requestors: username at mydomain.com
Email Address: username at mydomain.com
Email Password: ********
Owner: gevans <support at mydomain.net>
AdminCc:

Not even a clue where I might begin on this. Maybe a scrip that if the user
is in Group "B" then change the password to ****'s?  Not sure, so I thought
I would ask.

Greg Evans
Hood Canal Communications