[rt-users] How to deal with people reopening old tickets

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 13 19:39:15 EDT 2008

John,

	We put a message at the VERY TOP of the Resolve template that reads "DO
NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE!!!". It works most of the time. For those that
do NOT pay attention, we remove the "CreateTicket" right, so they have
to go thru the WebUI in the future and if that doesn't work, we would
remove them as a privileged member. That way they could GET emails, but
not reply to them thru RT.
	All in all, there no "easy" way. You just have to try a couple things
and hope it works. I like to think that user education is the easiest
and most productive, but sometime the punitive method (remove rights,
etc.) has to be employed. Lots of luck.

Kenn
LBNL