[rt-users] RT 3.6.6 / LDAP (AD) set up

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Mon Mar 17 05:23:11 EDT 2008

bkmail08 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if a solution was posted to this specific thread (see below).   If so could you please send me the link?  I've googled and the same references keep popping up, but none of them seem to have the solution posted.  I am working with RHEL5 server and W2003 AD; ldapsearch with -x gives me back correct info.  If you have read this thread (below) before, I basically did everything this guy did and pretty much have the same issues.
>
> My errors in the logs are sparse:
>
> [Sun Mar 16 02:15:34 2008] [warning]: Transaction->Create couldn't, as you didn't specify an object type and id (/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/RT/Record.pm:1486)
> [Sun Mar 16 02:15:34 2008] [error]: FAILED LOGIN for render from 172.29.9.3 (/usr/share/rt3/html/autohandler:251)

It would seem that you do not have your logging level set to debug --
that would certainly help by printing out more information.

If you have the opportunity to drop into #rt on irc.perl.org during UK
office hours, I may be able to help you interactively.

Regarding documentation on getting LDAP working, I'm currently waiting
on CPAN to authorise my namespace registration request. Once done, you
should be able to get it working by installing RT::Authen::ExternalAuth
via CPAN and then a bit of simple configuration.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com