[rt-users] RT 3.6.4 poor query performance

Ham MI-ID, Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com
Mon Mar 17 07:06:04 EDT 2008

Hi Mathew, Richard,
I tried also this weekend to upgrade to 3.6.6 and gave it up yesterday evening (rolled back to 3.6.5).

To your Problem:

If you open the Search Builder menu, it takes a long time to build the page.?!? Have a loko into the owner dropdown menu. Did you find there more people as expacted? In my case i find a lot of people there, more than have the rights to own tickets in the queues.

I have NOT SET the OwnTickets right globally !!!! And now it will be very strange at my Live systems (and test box too).

Inside the owner dropdown, i find also NOT PRIVILEGDED USERS!!!

OK, what i have tested:

Logged in as normal user with rights to 3 Queues.

This queues have per queue 5 people with the right to own a ticket here. (so i looked for 15 people inside the owner dropdown) but i got a list of round about several thousands!!!

OK to fix it fast:

Here is my diff to the /share/html/Search/Elements/PickBasics

root at bruchtal-www3:/opt/rt3/local/html/Search/Elements# diff /opt/rt3/local/html/Search/Elements/PickBasics /opt/rt3/share/html/Search/Elements/PickBasics
111,112c113
< <input name="ValueOfActor">
< %#<& /Elements/SelectOwner, Name => "ValueOfActor", ValueAttribute => 'Name' &>
---
> <& /Elements/SelectOwner, Name => "ValueOfActor", ValueAttribute => 'Name' &>

OK, it's replacing the SelectOwner Dropdown, which is not working well here with a noremal input box.

This speeds up the Searchbuilder a lot!

Btw. This "Problem" with the Owner Dropdown inside the searchbuilder we have since RT 3.4.x and it is not working well since this time.

Hope this helps.
Torsten

Kühne + Nagel (AG & Co.) KG, Geschäftsleitung: Hans-Georg Brinkmann (Vors.), Uwe Bielang (Stellv.), Bruno Mang, Alfred Manke, Thorsten Meincke, Mark Reinhardt (Stellv.), Jens Wollesen, Rainer Wunn, Sitz: Bremen, Registergericht: Bremen, HRA 21928, USt-IdNr.: DE 812773878, Persönlich haftende Gesellschaft: Kühne & Nagel A.G., Sitz: Contern/Luxemburg Geschäftsführender Verwaltungsrat: Klaus-Michael Kühne