[rt-users] RT 3.6.4 poor query performance

Mathew mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 07:19:47 EDT 2008

You shouldn't have had to write a patch to fix the immense user drop
down.  I've created queues with matching groups and assigned the own
ticket right to only the groups that correspond to each queue.

The Everyone group only has CreateTicket on two public facing queues
(all others are available for correspondence but not ticket creation),
Priveleged Users has all the major rights which all users require across
all queues and Unprivileged Users has only rights which customers would
need to interact with a ticket.

This has provide more than enough lock down to keep users created by
spam out of our drop down.

Mathew