[rt-users] RT 3.6.4 poor query performance

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Mon Mar 17 13:03:34 EDT 2008

Mathew,

	You mentioned needing "SeeQueue" for "Unprivileged" users and you
already have it for "Privileged" users. Why not grant "CreateTicket",
"SeeQueue" Globally for "Everyone" (saves redundant granting) and
"ShowTicket" Globally for "Requestors"? That way any requestor can
always "See" their ticket and everyone can "Create" one in the Queue of
their choice. Then Grant "ReplyToTicket" on a Queue level to the groups
that support each particular Queue.
	I'm of the opinion that there is so much redundant "Granting" of
privileges out there without realizing that it makes it difficult to
know why queries are taking so long. Yet, these redundant privileges are
slowing down the system cause so many users have rights they weren't
meant to have. Just a thought.

Kenn
LBNL