[rt-users] Quick question about upgrading....

Patterson, Craig crpatter at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us
Thu Mar 20 14:12:26 EDT 2008

Greg,

Unfortunately, it looks like you made your edits directly to the
versions in the share folder.  If you upgrade RT, you will overwrite you
customizations.  I recommend taking a look at the wiki, specifically,
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/CleanlyCustomizeRT.

In summary, you should create a "local" folder where you store your
customized files.  When you do an upgrade, the upgrade MAKE file doesn't
overwrite the local folder,  but it does overwrite the shared folder.

-Craig