[rt-users] RT 3.6.4 - Threading of comments in a ticket's history?

Philip Haworth PhilipHaworth at scoutsolutions.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 11:03:40 EDT 2008

I originally sent this email to Kenneth without realising he CC'd his
email to this mailing list, so I am sending this email to the list now:

Firstly, sorry for the delay in replying - last Friday was good Friday,
then the weekend, and this Monday being another bank holiday has lead to
a long delay in getting back to work.

FYI the failure email I got contained:

'This is the mail system at host diesel.bestpractical.com.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered
to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your
own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<rt-users at diesel.bestpractical.com> (expanded from

<rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>): mail forwarding loop for

rt-users at diesel.bestpractical.com'

I remember getting an email saying my email had been successfully
received by the list; but then this one came later so I got a bit
confused.

The issue here isn't how I store the email content - as this is a test
installation of RT, I am currently dealing with emails through the
traditional support inbox, and then copying their contents over to
comments in tickets that I create in RT as part of this test.
Autocreation of tickets via emailing RT has already been successfully
tested, but this will only be brought into action fully when the
decision is made to move support email address to RT, so for now I'll
still be using comments.

The issue is merely how comments (and presumably replies) are displayed
to the user in the ticket's history. If I create a 'reply' to a comment
(note: this is not a reply in RT parlance, i.e. a reply email to the
ticket; but creation of a comment by clicking a particular comment's
'comment' link), I expect History to have a view that visually
associates this comment 'reply' with the original comment. I have
attached a gif illustration of what I mean
.

Philip Haworth
Support Developer
Scout Solutions Software Ltd
01905 361 500
philiphaworth at scoutsolutions.co.uk
<mailto:philiphaworth at scoutsolutions.co.uk>
scoutclientsupport at scoutsolutions.co.uk
<mailto:scoutclientsupport at scoutsolutions.co.uk>

This E-mail and any attachments to it are strictly confidential and
intended solely for the addressee. It and they may contain information
which is covered by legal, professional, or other privilege. If you are
not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, forward, copy or take
any action in reliance on this E-mail or its attachments. If you have
received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender at Scout
Solutions on 01905 361 500 as soon as possible and delete this e-mail
immediately and destroy any hard copies of it.
Neither Scout Solutions nor the sender accepts any responsibility for
any virus that may be carried by this e-mail and it is the recipient's
responsibility to scan the e-mail and any attachments before opening
them.

If this e-mail is a personal communication, the views expressed in it
and in any attachments are personal, and unless otherwise explicitly
stated do not represent the views of Scout Solutions.

Scout Solutions Software Limited is registered in England and Wales
number 4667857 and its registered office is Whittington Hall,
Whittington Road, Worcester WR5 2ZX