[rt-users] Intergrating wo MS Exchange

Fernando Frota Machado de Morais frota at cecom.ufmg.br
Wed Mar 26 13:26:33 EDT 2008

If you are running Sendmail and can connect to localhost:25, you need to
modify the original configuration file or regenerate it from the "mc"
file:

      . yum install sendmail-cf
      . cd to /etc/mail
      . edit sendmail.mc:
           DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl
           . you may modify other  options, read all file
      . m4 sendmail.mc > sendmail.newcf

Compare sendmail.cf with sendmail.newcf. Then, save sendmail.cf in a
secure place and change sendmail.newcf to sendmail.cf. After all, you
will need to restart sendmail (service sendmail restart).

You may need to alter the iptables configuration. If you are using
default packages, run system-config-securitylevel.