[rt-users] Re solved scrip problem

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 26 18:39:32 EDT 2008

F350,

	Well, first off, you have some redundancies that could easily make
debugging harder. For example, if you have granted the
"CreateSavedSearch" Globally for ""Privileged" users, then you do not
need to grant the same right again to the global group as they are
"privileged" users (a user can't be in a group that has privileges if
they are not privileged users). That's one example. Same with "ModifySelf".
	Next, you mentioned that the scrip is executed, but no one in the group
gets the email. Whether or not someone gets the email does NOT depend on
rights. It depends on who is causing the transaction and who is listed
as the recipient of an email. RT does not "Notify" any user causing the
transaction. That's what "AutoReply" does. RT figures that if you are
the one doing the work, then you do not need to be notified about the
work cause YOU did it in the first place. So, whether the users in the
"super" Group are listed as the requestor OR CC or AdminCc, they will
NOT get any notification as an addressee if they are the users doing the
work (in this case, changing the ticket status to "resolved").
	Check to see who is listed as requestor on the tickets that were
resolved and if they are in that group, you have your explanation. If
you want them to get the email anyway, change the action to "AutoReply"
to requestors. If they were not the requestor, then they wouldn't get a
reply anyway. Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL