[rt-users] Quicksearch - But not for Queues, for Users

Peterson, Erik epeterson at edc.org
Thu Mar 27 09:13:11 EDT 2008

> From: "Ham MI-ID, Torsten Brumm" <torsten.brumm at Kuehne-Nagel.com>
> Subject: [rt-users] Quicksearch - But not for Queues, for Users
>
> I'm looking for a way to create something similar like the quicksearch for
> queues but for users in this case. I need as result an overview of all users
> that can own a ticket in a queues and then a list like the quicksearch with
> the number of tickets per user.
>
> Has anyone done this already or can point me to the correct direction to
> start?

Hi Torsten,

I think I have worked out what you're looking for.  I have created two
Elements that I have in $RT_HOME/local/html/Elements

   1. QuickSearch
   2. OwnerSummary

which serve to replace and expand the Quicksearch sidebar to include ticket
owners and the number of tickets in each queue. The list of Queues is
editable and it seems to work well to keep a fairly quick view of the status
of tickets that are owned.

These Elements work for me, but I haven't done any testing to see if they
are really bulletproof for everyone. Feel free to use and adapt as you will.
I believe the only site-specific piece in the code is that we have an extra
status of "waiting" in our RT instance.

You can get the files here:
    http://elementalmarkup.com/ramblings/rt-owner-summary

_Erik