[rt-users] testing the ability for RT to sendmail

John BORIS jboris at adphila.org
Thu Mar 27 15:49:22 EDT 2008

Nelson,
I am not sure if I can help you past this. Can you send mail normally to
or from the rt box to anybody? That might give you a clue to the
problem. If you are running Red Hat then SELinux might be enabled and
then you have to deal with that.

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
222 North 17th Street
Philadelphia, Pa. 19103
Tel: 215-965-1714
Fax: 215-587-3525
"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"
>>> "Nelson Pereira" <npereira at protus.com> 03/27/08 1:50 PM >>>
Same thing for us, nothing is seen from the outside.

But the exchange tech is saying that my RT is refusing the exchange
system when exchange tries to send and email to RT....

A user sends an email to rt3test1 at protusrt.com

RT's /var/log/maillog shows:

Mar 27 14:45:53 nelsoncentos sendmail[3339]: m2RIjrCU003339:
ruleset=check_rcpt, arg1=<rt3test1 at protusrt.com>,
relay=exchange2.protus.org [10.98.4.31], reject=550 5.7.1
<rt3test1 at protusrt.com>... Relaying denied
Mar 27 14:45:53 nelsoncentos sendmail[3339]: m2RIjrCU003339:
from=<npereira at protus.com>, size=0, class=0, nrcpts=0, proto=ESMTP,
daemon=MTA, relay=exchange2.protus.org [10.98.4.31]

User that sent the email gets: