[rt-users] RT 3.8 beta 2 now available

Tom Lanyon tom at netspot.com.au
Sun May 18 03:18:00 EDT 2008

On 08/05/2008, at 6:35 AM, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> We've integrated about 350 changes to RT in the last two months as
> part of the big push toward RT 3.8.0. Many of those changes were
> made to integrate features Best Practical has built or prototyped
> for clients over the past several years. Below, please find the high-
> level changelog for the differences between RT 3.7.81 and RT 3.7.85
> (Beta 1 and Beta 2).
>
> At this point, the known remaining work is mostly related to
> polishing the new web-based installation mechanism and cleaning up
> small issues as they're reported.
>
> RT 3.7.85 is NOT RECOMMENDED for production use, however we strongly
> urge you to deploy it in your testing environment and provide
> feedback to help ensure that RT 3.8.0 is released soon and does what
> you need when we release it.
>

> http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-3.7.85.tar.gz
> http://download.bestpractical.com/pub/rt/devel/rt-3.7.85.tar.gz.sig
>
> Best,
> Jesse

Jesse,

It seg faults for me on a dev box, RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 with Perl
5.10.0. This box was successfully running 3.6.6 with no issues and
only had a few dependencies which needed upgrading to pass a 3.7.85
'make testdeps'.

It dies in HTML::Mason::Request::alter_superclass(), called from
RT::Interface::Web::Request.

HTML::Mason v1.39
CGI v3.37

I'm also getting this error in the log:
[Sun May 18 05:43:40 2008] [warning]: Use of uninitialized value
$method in string ne at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/HTML/
Mason/Utils.pm line 40. (/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/HTML/
Mason/Utils.pm:40)

Any ideas?

Regards,
Tom