[rt-users] Upgrade From 3.4.0 to 3.6.6

John BORIS jboris at adphila.org
Tue May 20 09:03:48 EDT 2008

Dan,
I did that when I rebuilt my server but I went from one version of
Fedora to another.  I haven't seen any issues ..... yet.

John J. Boris, Sr.
JEN-A-SyS Administrator
Archdiocese of Philadelphia
"Remember! That light at the end of the tunnel
Just might be the headlight of an oncoming train!"

>>> "Dan Magnuszewski" <DMagnuszewski at synacor.com> 5/20/2008 12:33 AM

All,

I'm looking to upgrade from RT version 3.4.0 (RH 7.2/MySQL
4.0.20/Apache
1.3.33) to 3.6.6 (CentOS 4.6/MySQL 5.0.22/Apache 2.x). I checked out a
guide on the wiki
(http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/MigrateToNewServer) but I would
like
to know if there are any DB schema changes that would prevent me from
just installing 3.6.6 on another server, then simply doing a mysqldump
and migrating the database schema from the old 3.4.0 server.

Thanks!

-Dan