[rt-users] RT 3.6.5 transactions created in wrong timezone....

Les Stott support at cyberpro.com.au
Mon May 26 10:23:55 EDT 2008

I run a script (rt3-batch-stats) monthly which records TimeWorked per
ticket per user so i know much time each user spent on jobs.

Since we upgraded to 3.6.5 the times records on each transaction are 10
hours behind. This is annoying because it muddies up the figures as to
when transactions were done.
my server has timezome set correctly and syncs to an ntp server.

Even though i set /opt/rt3/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm up with a correct
timezone...

Set($Timezone , 'Australia/Sydney');

it still shows wrong. I have read some posts on the list, some say its
InnoDB thats doing the GMT time and not looking at the variable in
RT_SiteConfig.pm. However nobody has a real solution.

This is from the list....

"As of 3.6.5 you have to edit lib/RT.pm to modify the function
"InitLogging" which uses gmtime(time)."

....can anyone shed some light on exactly what needs to be changed? i'm no perl expert.

TIA

Regards,

Les