[rt-users] RT 3.8 on Leopard Server (Xserve Xeon) Apache/GUI crashes

Michael Caraballo mcaraballo at mcgarrybowen.com
Sun Nov 2 19:52:34 EST 2008

I was able to compile all dependencies for RT with no official OS X Leopard
Server how to.  Im' running RT on a quad-core Xeon Server with Leopard
10.5.5.  I was able to get all dependences resolved but I fear that I may
have compiled something wrong somewhere along the lines, as I have a few
strange things happening when navigating via the new RT 3.8 GUI.

RT Crashes when clicking some links with my apache server reporting the
following error:

httpd(7332) malloc: *** mmap(size=1952546816) failed (error code=12)
*** error: can't allocate region
Out of memory!
Callback called exit.

Apache continues to serve up other non-rt web pages elsewhere on my host but
once this error appears, my client web browser must be closed and I must log
back in, in order to see the RT 3.8 web interface again.

On another note, when I click some links I am redirected to the RT login
page and must type in my credentials again to see the clicked link (aka:
like RT pagination links).  If I change my hostname in the URL field to from
hostname.domain.com to hostname or from hostname.domain.com to hostname this
sometimes fixes the problem.

Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance,
--Mike Caraballo

The contents of this message may be privileged and confidential. Therefore, if this message
has been received in error, please delete it without reading it. All contents of the message,
including any attachments, are the copyright property of the sender. This message cannot in
any way bind McGarry Bowen, L.L.C. to any contract or other obligation.