[rt-users] Allowing fulltext queries to search closed tickets

Rich McDonough rich.mcdonough at worldgaming.com
Mon Nov 3 14:53:53 EST 2008

I'm fairly new to RT so please forgive me if this is a terribly
obvious question. Our RT installation is only showing results for full
text searches from open, new and stalled tickets, but we would like
this to change to searching our entire ticket history by default.
Here's the actual SQL statement that our database logs:

LOG:  statement: SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT main.id) FROM Tickets main JOIN
Transactions Transactions_1  ON ( Transactions_1.ObjectId = main.id )
JOIN Attachments Attachments_2  ON ( Attachments_2.TransactionId =
Transactions_1.id )  WHERE (Transactions_1.ObjectType = 'RT::Ticket')
AND (main.Status != 'deleted') AND ( (  ( Attachments_2.Content ILIKE
'%test%' )  )  AND  ( main.Status = 'new' OR main.Status = 'open' OR
main.Status = 'stalled' ) ) AND (main.Type = 'ticket') AND
(main.EffectiveId = main.id)

I have to assume that this is not too difficult to achieve, but I have
yet to dig up where this query is being generated from. We're running
version 3.8.1 on Postgres 8.3.4.

Thanks for any assistance that anyone can offer! Thus far I've been
very impressed with RT.

Rich McDonough
System Adminstrator
Worldgaming