[rt-users] Another ExternalAuth question - "strict refs"

Aaron Zuercher aaron.techgeeks at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:48:07 EST 2008

Hi guys,
I've been following the discussions about ExternalAuth with great interest
as I"ve been slowly working to move my 3.6.0 install to the most current
version.  I'm trying to setup ExternalAuth to LDAP currently.  When its
enabled I get this message in the browser when I try to login:

Can't use string ("My_LDAP") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use at
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/User_Vendor.pm line
728, line 273.

I cannot login as root (local) or LDAP.  I installed ExternaAUth v006 which
I understand has a bug in it but i'm not sure if this is the same error or
something different.  Can somone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Aaron