[rt-users] Another ExternalAuth question - "strict refs"

Mike Peachey mike.peachey at jennic.com
Wed Nov 5 15:53:40 EST 2008

Aaron Zuercher wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I've been following the discussions about ExternalAuth with great
> interest as I"ve been slowly working to move my 3.6.0 install to the
> most current version.  I'm trying to setup ExternalAuth to LDAP
> currently.  When its enabled I get this message in the browser when I
> try to login:
>
> Can't use string ("My_LDAP") as an ARRAY ref while "strict refs" in use
> at /opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/User_Vendor.pm
> line 728, line 273.

As Kevin said, this is probably a small issue with your config. It
wouldn't hurt to provide your config if it doesn't resolve your problem.

Also, enabling debug-level log-to-file is very useful.

> I cannot login as root (local) or LDAP.  I installed ExternaAUth v006
> which I understand has a bug in it but i'm not sure if this is the same
> error or something different.  Can somone point me in the right direction?

With v0.06 you should be able to login as any user that already exists
in RT, using external authentication checking, but you'll hit a wall
when it comes to autocreating new users. I'm currently working flat out
(as much as I can around everything else) to produce a new completely
refactored version of the plugin that will work properly.
--
Kind Regards,

Mike Peachey, IT
Tel: +44 114 281 2655
Fax: +44 114 281 2951
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT, UK
Comp Reg No: 3191371 - Registered In England
http://www.jennic.com