[rt-users] CALLING EXTERNALAUTH TESTERS - v0.07_01 now available.

John McCoy jmccoy at ggu.edu
Fri Nov 7 12:34:20 EST 2008

Mike thank you very much for working so hard on this issue.
I am happy to report that the new version does now work for SelfService
(for me)

Just an FYI for others stuck authenticating against Novell eDir and
using the lame non-password ldap_proxy accounts I had to make the
changes you were thinking about (sorry for the lack of a proper diff file):
/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm

455     # Authenticate to ldap server with user name and password if
supplied
456     # If no password supplied to not pass a null or bind anonymously
if noting was supplied
457     if (($ldap_user) and ($ldap_pass)) {
458         $msg = $ldap->bind($ldap_user, password => $ldap_pass);
459     } elsif (($ldap_user) and ( ! $ldap_pass)) {
460         $msg = $ldap->bind($ldap_user);
461     } else {
462         $msg = $ldap->bind;
463     }

RHEL5