[rt-users] RT 3.8.1 Logged out on Search

Bryan McLellan btm at loftninjas.org
Fri Nov 7 12:49:43 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 4:03 AM, JOHN ROMAN <cicero at insightbb.com> wrote:
> this should be an easy fix that has to do with differences in the RT
> database you migrated from versus the one you use in 3.8.1.  you'll need to
> follow these steps
>
> 1.  export the database from your old RT
> 2.  update the schema using the information contained in the UPGRADING.mysql
> file
> 3.  update the RT databases using the normal scripts contained in README

I ran [1] per the README during the upgrade, it all went slick. The
original install of this RT instance was on Debian etch, so it's
always been in mysql >= 5 so UPGRADING.mysql doesn't apply.

Per Mike Peachy's recent post [2] about not running
RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.06x, I just got the latest version of 0.07_01
from CPAN here [3], as it wasn't listed in the available versions for
download, nor was it on CPAN when I installed on Wednesday. Installing
this did not correct the logged out on searches problem however.

Bryan

[1]  /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --dba root
--prompt-for-dba-password --action upgrade
[2] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/rt/users/80097
[3] http://mirrors.gossamer-threads.com/CPAN/authors/id/Z/ZO/ZORDRAK/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.07_01.tar.gz