[rt-users] AssetTracker crashes loading asset

Curtis Bruneau curtisb at vianet.ca
Fri Nov 7 12:52:04 EST 2008

The queries would execute fine, the problem at least in my case is it
tries to load the whole result set into memory causing oom-killer to go
on rampage. Apache will peak out, to sort of help this situation I added
a mem limit to the fastcgi handler which will basically die before
things get really ugly. I'm able to see this query in the log, it has no
limit clause so it really is getting everything. While doing a form of
debug/trace on the apache/handler I'm also able to see it trying to load
the full row times search results (table.*) into memory. This is all on
a ticket display from a large search result. So unless you are loading
it in memory as opposed to say a shell client output you won't run into
memory problems.

Best of luck with your situation, I have not been able to get any
confirmation until now with you. I've produced somewhat detailed bug
report but it appears to be somewhat isolated.. people with low tickets
will never run into this problem.

Curtis