[rt-users] RT Command Line Usage and Closing tickets

Brian Friday brian.friday at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 15:45:03 EST 2008

Hello all,

I have a developer who is chomping at the bit to see if my proposed
migration to RT3 will allow him to do the following. I am still
working on the guts of getting our system from RT2 so while based on
my reading of the list I think this is possible I thought I would ask.

So the developer wants to see about integrating our Nagios instance
into RT CLI usage. He has a unique event ID and wants to pass that to
RT (first idea was to make it the ticket number, but now either
subject or ticket contents or custom field). The nagios system would
open tickets on events and then come back and close them.

The issue is this closure, he is looking for a way to not search,
parse, close but rather to search then close the returned tickets and
to do so with one command line call.

Where I go grey and foggy, in that RT3 CLI is not something I have
experience with,  is if he could do the search + close operation all
in scripted command line event.

Thanks for the Help,

Brian